Top tips for Gmail power users
As we discussed in our previous article, keyboard shortcuts are a huge timesaver. We covered some general Windows shortcuts, but these shortcuts are tailored to Gmail. For power users, these can allow for much easier navigation as well as a better efficiency.
- Shift + C to compose in a new window.
- Ctrl + S will save a draft.
- Alternate between N and P to move between conversations in an email thread.
- Alternate between K and J on your keyboard to move between emails in your inbox.
- As you scroll through your inbox, press X to select an email and perform additional functions.
- To place a message in trash, press #.
- Press Shift + I to mark as read and Shift +U to mark as unread.
- Press L to display a list of folders to archive your message.
- Press E to archive a previously labeled email.
- When reading an email, press R to reply, A to reply all, or F to forward.